SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3waller

Help with Exterior Colours Please, sketch inc.

3waller
12 years ago

Hey all. First post, foundation is being poured as we speak. I've got until Wednesday to decide on the trim colour for my windows, which forces my hand on the other exterior colours. We are pretty much set on BM soot on the wood siding, we started much lighter than that but progressively got darker as we saw the samples come back. We don't want it too blue or purple. I've attached a link to the colour.

If it weren't for the shutters, I think we could do some sort of white for the trim, shutters, and window trim and call it a day. However, given there is so much trim I'm wondering if that might be too much white. We are getting Kolbe windows, they've got a few white trim choices, we are currently leaning towards "white" which has a slight greyish/blue tinge, thinking we want to stay away from too creamy of a white, and the super white they have might be a bit too high contrast. They also have a timberwolf grey which is very similar to the desert twilight in the BM link below. But I think having all the house trim grey would be a little overpowering.

Any thoughts as to mixing the grey with the white? Ie. white trims and grey shutters? The front door while be a dark stained walnut, and leaning towards doing the garage the same.

thx everyone, sketch is below to help visualize. While I'm at it, does anyone know a quick way that I add these colours to my pdf to test them out? I haven't found a software paint program that allows you to upload a pdf, but I'm sure there's one out there. I have CAD file too...but no software.

{{gwi:1422893}}

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Soot

Comments (5)