SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
applnut

Best Warming Drawer?

11 years ago

We are replacing our double ovens and have to have some cabinet and electrical work done for whichever new one we select. (That's a whole other saga ;)

And it just so happens that when the cabinet guy was here giving us an estimate, and I mentioned I'd always wanted a warming drawer, he said he thought we had plenty of room at the bottom of our stack, in what is currently just dead space. Checked out some specs and--guess what?--we do! So, now I'm on the hunt or a warming drawer.

I want something stainless front, preferably with a chunky look "professional" handle, that works well. I don't care so much about matching to our existing brands, since all our appliances are different anyway, so I'd rather get the most reliable, or best value, over the same badged name. I currently use my Advantium as a food warmer a few times a week, so it will get used, and won't be just for looks.

I'm seeing lots of options. Is convection something I want, or don't want? Don't care about the "double as a slow cooker" thing, since I don't even really use my actual slow cooker all that often. I do want a full-extension, smooth-opening drawer.

I believe we have room for a 30" and don't think depth will be an issue. Height might, as we can't do a cutout bigger than 12", but that shouldn't be a problem, based on most of the cut-out dimensions I'm seeing.

Will probably want 120V, because it's easier to install electric for that we were told, but most I've seen are 120 anyways, right?

Now that I see it can fit, and we have to do electric and woodwork anyway, I'm excited about getting this new appliance I always wanted. Yay!

Looking forward to suggestions of what to get and what to avoid from warming drawer users.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Comments (6)