SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
giuseppe_paolo

placement of wall supply elbows for handheld shower on slide bar?

giuseppe_paolo
13 years ago

what is the standard or optimum placement of the plumbing nipple for a wall supply elbow for handheld showerhead on a slide bar?

most pictures I see have it up higher around the middle or bottom of the slide bar so the hose comes out of the handheld showerhead down adn then loops up a little off to one side into the elbow connection.

My plumber made the connections for both handheld shower heads which will be on slidebars, down quite low like a few feet up from the floor. I have front body sprays that I wanted fairly low with the top one about chest high at most and the bottom one waist high or lower like thighs.

he put the connection for the wall supply elbows in between those, so about stomach high or lower I guess.

I dont plan on putting the slide bars too high as we have the main shower head up high so the handhelds we wanted on the lower side so hopefully even with shorter showerhead hoses it will reach but still, the hose is basically going to go straight down with no loop back up to the side into the elbow like most.

Also if dropped or not on the slide bar it will hit the floor where as most elbows are high enough usually it seems that even if the handheld were to hang from the hose connected to the elbow it wouldn't hit the floor.

I dont know, I guess its not a deal breaker or worth breaking out Durock and re plumbing it higher. Maybe there was a reason he kept them both that low.

would be a bit of durock to break out and then just add some copper plumbing to raise both elbows up a bit higher just not sure its worth it.

But now would be the time before it gets hyrdroban and tiled over and then its really too late.

Please advise!

Comments (2)