SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kendog2_gw

Please Help With Valve & Water Supply Placement

kendog2
15 years ago

We are progressing with our doorless shower. The wall is framed in. We have installed a Moen 3330 3-function transfer valve with a pipe extension for the hand-held slide bar. Please advise on whether this is the best placement for the valve and water supply. We're not sure if we should place the slide bar on stud #2 or #3 and where to put the water supply valve.

We plan to use the hand-held shower to shower our daughter who is disabled. She will be seated when I shower her. We need to decide whether to install a corner bench in the back near the #3 studs or use a portable bench in the center of the shower closer to the # 1 stud. If we do the corner bench and place the slide bar on the #3 studs, I wonder if I will get soaked by the water coming toward me. The black line shows where the bench would be.

If we go with the portable bench, it would be ugly because it looks like medical supply equipment. However, we could place it in the center where the wall would stop the water from coming out. We could put the slide bar on the#2 stud so the water is flowing away from the doorway. In that case, should we move the valve a few inches to the left so the slide bar isn't as close to the valve? We could also mount to the #1 stud so the hand-held could be used with the wall shower head. Would it look strange to have the power supply on one side of the valve and the slide bar on the other side?

Since we can't afford to purchase the hand-held and slide bar yet, I can't experiment to see how it would look and if the hose would hang properly. Any advice would be appreciated. The bottom photo shows the type of hand-held shower head that I am considering. (I like the way it extends out unlike others that seem to stand up

Comments (6)