SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenyang

How small is too small for a steam shower?

karenyang
16 years ago

So, even with 4 bathroom drawn in to our house-to-be, the only bathroom where we can reasonably put a steam shower is in the mudroom shower, which can only be fitted as a shower stall (stand up shower only).

Quick rundown of why the other baths don't work:

Master bathroom (on 2nd floor) will have a shower & tub in one large doorless "wet room" - we could put a door on it, but I don't want to clean the glass on a daily basis, and it would be a large space to have to heat up and steam.

2nd bath on 2nd floor is the "kids bath", though we don't have kids, so this bathroom will rarely, if ever, be used.

Full bath on 1st floor is attached to DH's office, which will also likely be used as the guest powder room. It's not in a very convenient location for a steam shower.

That leaves the bathroom in the mudroom - the steam shower actually makes sense here, as it's where DH will come in from "man land" (the garage), and where I will come in from either driving in or coming in from gardening in the backyard. The laundry facilities are here, making things even more convenient.

Unfortunately, the space is only large enough for a shower stall, so here we are.

Is it worth putting the steam shower in a stall shower (I don't really know how expensive the mechanisms are)? I think we would still enjoy it, and can pull a small bench in to the stall if needed.

What do you think?

Thank you for your opinions!

Karen

Comments (5)