SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mc_hudd

URGH!!! Please help me get my congoleum floor clean!

mc_hudd
16 years ago

OK, I have a problem. My DH & I currently live in a house w/ Congoleum flooring in the kitchen. This flooring was installed approx. 10 yrs. ago. When I mop the floor I really scrub, I don't just splash water down & barely swipe the top of the floor. (I actually mop too, only use the Swiffer for small, quick clean ups.) But no matter how hard I scrub, I cannot seem to get the floor clean! Before it's completely dried I can run a white paper towel over a damp spot & it gets dirty! I have gotten down on my hands & knees & scrubbed it really good, I have used every type of floor cleaner known to man & nothing works! What can I do to actually get my floors clean & why are they like this? I realize the flooring is old, but is that really a good excuse? Please help w/ any suggestions you can think of.

I know someone will probably recommend a steam mop (they seem to be very popular here), but I don't have one & that's not in my budget right now. Also, I bought some SoftScrub the other day thinking I'd get back on my hands & knees & try it, but will that be too harsh for this type of flooring?

Well, I'll quit rambling now. Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated. TIA :)

Comments (10)