SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lillo_gw

Cast iron grill/griddle seasoning between use

lillo
13 years ago

I just got the double burner Bobby Flay grill/griddle. It came pre seasoned, so I just sprayed it with Crisco before grilling on it yesterday. The results were fabulous. My DH said that the meat( a filet ) tasted better than the one on the outdoor grill( we have a Weber). The problem is that today I got a cast iron dutch oven from the same manufacturer, and it had a paper saying that I have to season it after each use by putting a generous amount of veggy oil and baking it on 340 for one hour and leaving it in the oven until it cools down.So, I did this with the grill( washed last night). The whole house smells burnt oil. I cannot get rid of the smell even after turning the vent on for 30 minutes on high and spraying all kinds of deodoriser. Do I really have to season my grill after each use or is it only the dutch oven? If yes, is there another way to season it and keeping it from rusting? I hope there is, because my DH told me not to do this again. The dutch oven is going back tomorrow. I think I will buy one with enamel coating. Do they give the same results as the uncoated ones?

Comments (10)