SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamgypsy_gw

Easter decorations 2007

tamgypsy
17 years ago

Hello ladies...:)

I apologize for being absent from the boards for a while and not being able replying to all of the posts.

I had an unexpected death in the family ....I had to travel out of state for the memorial service and I was somewhat in an emotional slump for a while.

I am better now...:)

However...I am really tired of the cold snowy weather around here...:(

That is the reason why I decided to bring the inside of my home into Spring. Since I do not decorate for St. Paddys day it will be Easter decorations for me..:)

I will post every couple of days more pictures as I decorate around the house. Please feel free to give me your constructive feedback...you know all of your opinions are always appreciated...:)....It's good to be back...:)

Here is the start of my Easter decorations...my livingroom is hard to decorate in Spring like colors...I kept it more natural in there..:)

This is on top of a trunk that sits in my livingroom baywindow...

{{gwi:1415759}}

On top of my kitchentable...

{{gwi:1415760}}

vignette on my livingroom coffeetable...

{{gwi:1415761}}

{{gwi:1415762}}

Comments (49)

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Hi Tam,
    Sorry for your loss. We have missed you here. Yes, the cold weather adds to the feeling of sadness, so do all you can to make your home happy!
    I love your pics. I see Stud's bro or sis there. Stud is decked out in his St. Pat's Day bow and green top hat for now!
    I love your bunny with hat and eggs, and your little chicks, and your plants are very lush. Nice to see greenery instead of winter brown!!Your fireplace and mantle is magnificent!
    Don't worry about St Patrick's Day. The rest of us have made up for you!
    Here's to Spring and happier days for you!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tamgypsy, I am so sorry for your loss and hope you begin feeling better soon. We're very glad you are back.

You've done a very good job decorating your home for spring and Easter. I love the way you have your trunk displayed. The display on your kitchen table is so cute. I especially love the bunny holding the hat with eggs and the baby chicks. And I hope Spike's sibling is much nicer at your house than Spike is at Kathleen's. ;~) His green bow is so cute.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 2007 easter swap-sending and what you got

Q

Comments (82)
    Wow, wow and wow!!! Thank you soooo much Kathryn, the box was packed full of wonderful things. Okay, the list ; ) She sent a wonderful pink glass windchime, 2 packages of lily bulbs, wonderful cuticle cream that will definitely come in handy come digging time, a magnet clip, a cute bunny pen, junior mints and york peppermint patties (my favorite), a cute easter bucket, floral incense sticks, a crystal dragonfly pot sitter, a package of peat pots and the best thing of all......heirloom veggie seeds!!! And what a selection she sent, from my favorite heirloom seed supply house. There were 11 packets of seeds including several squashs, lettuce, peas, soybeans, pole beans, eggplant, and some flowers called "kiss me over the garden gate". Thank you sooooo much!! I just loved everything.
    ...See More

Easter Decorating & Dollbaby is Delightful!

Q

Comments (13)
    Jeanne, you've done alot more than walking!Yeah Love all your Easter decor. Dollbaby is so sweet w/her bunny bibs and bonnet. All ready for the Easter Egg Hunt. I didn't share TJ but I will. She's dressed in a polka dot dress w/matching hat of DGD's. I found one of DGD's dresses in the shed that I'll put on her for Easter. Eggs that light up! You know I'm lovin' that. Your bunny looks like it's busy eating right out of the bowl! The plaque compliments it nicely. Your so talented! The couple w/eggs is precious. Your fairy cloche is so neat sitting on the chest. The bottom of the cloche is also nice to have out with your DM's 'green casserole' dish. Bunny place card holders on the cabbage leaf placemate and your lit up egg are such a great combo. I always enjoy all of your decor. Are you putting eggs in the cake plate this year too? Oh forgot to mention your fresh flowers in the lovely pitcher w/chicks.Awesome Hope you can get in more walks and enjoy your yard more. I cleaned all of my flower beds and hope to transplant some of my strawberry plants soon. Punk
    ...See More

Some Easter Decorations #1 (pic heavy)

Q

Comments (19)
    Magpie...Wow! thanks for such wonderful compliments! Now, I think you don't give yourself credit to be able to decorate a hutch - because right now - you Don't Have One! I'll bet once you do...you'll amaze yourself. That time you posted some pics...I loved what you did - and thought you had lovely things and displayed them nicely. I'm looking forward to more from you. As far as those flowered dishes..if you mean the white with the green floral border...they were from a local consignment shop. They only had two...but that's okay.they work in with what I have. I do that alot by just getting two or four sometimes even one. Also, I have years of collecting ..so I have lots to work with. I need YOUR storage space!! jeanne...I know you're right...I have to experiment to find out just what can be done with the photos. I always love how yours look..all like a special presentation. One day, when I can sneak some time...I'm going to give it a try. Thanks again...and anytime you want to share a new technique..I'm interested. jane
    ...See More

Easter decor opinion question

Q

Comments (11)
    Oh, and, no painting them. And they are not technically Easter decorations. They are year round decorations, like their pricier Herend brethren. Of course everyone is free to do as she wishes.
    ...See More
  • tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

kathleen...I had to go back and search through the posts to take a look at stud/spike...lol...I didn't even realize that I had adopted his sister..lol
    Is stud/spike's finish crackled too?...it doesn't show up well in the pictures but his sister has a crackled finish.

sandi...I sure hope stud/spikes sister is nicer...she at least appears to be 'housebroken' otherwise that may present a problem sitting on the table and all...lol

Thank you for the compliments...I am still searching for a different shawl for the coffeetable arrangement...this one has some blue in it which is not at all present in this room and it bothers me a bit...but that could be my matchy-matchy side coming through...lol

The little chicks were my moms...they are salt and pepper shakers...looking at them makes me smile...:)

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Yes, Stud( I think Spike is his "evil- er " twin, is crackled from TJ's and, Judith I think, said she has another sibling..you know what they say about rabbits reproducing!LOL
    Those chicks are so cute, and special that they were your mom's.
    I can't see any blue in your scarf, so it looks fine to me. I hope no one in your house decides to "fix" your scarf as my dh did to my St Pat's table!!!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tamgypsy, I don't see any blue in your scarf either. And I agree with Kathleen about your mom's chicks.

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

oh good...guess I did an ok job 'scrunching' it up just right to hide any hint of blue...lol
    and no...nobody in my house would 'dare' to straighten that shawl...lol...they know better then to 'mess' with moms decorations...lol...I guess your DH was just trying to 'help'?...lol
    Well...I take that back...my youngest son thought it was really funny to 'kidnap' some of my bunnies I had sitting out last night before i could place them...so this morning I discovered one sitting in my tub...one in the powderroom sink and another one in the fridge...LOL...he has been laughing about the look on my face when I opened the fridge all day long...lol

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

That IS funny! I love kids with a sense of humor, and I am sure he was trying to cheer you up!
    Yes, DH thought it looked messy..I have never done a table before, so now he knows!!!
    Tam, I am still nagging to go to the Cmas tree shop. DH has eye surgery tomorrow, but after that, I will be like a broken record!! I know you will share with us if you get there! I have some very cute Easter things I bought years ago from there. You deserve a treat !!

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kathleen ...I am hoping to get on Tuesday during lunch to the Chrismastree shop...they had great things just in their flyer...I can only imagine what treasures I'll be able to find...:)
    until you had mentioned it I had never heard of them...I am looking forward to checking it out...however I have to be careful...when I feel 'down' I tend to over buy...which is very very bad for my wallet...lol

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Yes, I know what you mean... but maybe you can find some cute inexpensive things that will make you AND your wallet happy! I know sometimes you find nothing, and other times, watch out!
    I am eyeing those blue glass plates to go with my blue kitchen china. Do I need them, noooo!! And I want some of those faux choc bunnies, but I will have to keep them under glass or they will have teeth marks in them from my gkids!

• marylmi
    17 years ago

tamgypsy, your decorations are very nice. The little chicks are just darling & it's nice that they belonged to your mom.
    I feel the same way, I am tired of the snow and can't wait until I see green grass!

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Tam, so nice to hear from you again and see pics of your bunnies. I love that glass jar too. Your arrangements all look really nice. So sorry about your loss, I know that is always difficult. Take care of yourself--maybe leave the credit cards home when you hit the stores so you won't be tempted to overdo it! ;o) Luvs

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Tam, I'm very sorry for your loss and glad you are back wtih us. What a delightful son you have!!! Really funny about the rabbit in the fridge.
    Your Easter things are so pretty, especially loved the coffee table decor.

Karen

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you everyone...I am glad I am back and I am having great fun with the bunny decorating...I don't care that it is way early...it's a protest of sorts...lol...since we are getting snow today again I will have to be even more determined...LOL
    Here are some more of my pictures...
    This is on the top of my fridge
    {{gwi:1415763}}

Here is my downstairs powder room
    {{gwi:1415765}}

And here is my side table in the diningroom...very much following Judith's inspiration picture...I had to make a few adjustments because of scale...pitcher and large lace plate would just not fit on this table...
    {{gwi:1415766}}

{{gwi:1415768}}

• judithva
    17 years ago

Tam,
    Everything is beautiful! You did fantastic!, I'll bet you'll never look at individual objects the same again! LOL
    Doing vignettes is such fun isn't it? I just love everything that you have done! (I'm loving your bunnies too) I just know you must be smiling when you see those vignette, because I certainly am!

PS, love the cute joke your son did, I laughed right out loud!

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Judith...thank you for the compliment...it means alot..:)
    I am having a great time with the vignettes...but it does take me hours to get one together so I really like it...lol..It's worth it because it is a lot of fun and makes the house look so nice...:)
    I read on another post that you were able to work outside on Saturday...I am soooo jealous...lol...I can't wait to be able to do that...I just want all the snow to disappear and my flowers to come up...I planted alot of bulbs last fall and it's always a surprise to see what it looks like when you added new things...:)
    I still have lots of Easter decorating to do and I'll continue to post pictures to keep this thread alive and maybe in a week or two others will add to it there pics of Easter decorations...:)

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

VERY NICE!! And yes, please do keep the thread alive. You have so many lovely bunnies. We will join your after St. Pats Day!
    Hmm, top of the fridge...only have done that at Cmas, now there is something else to think about, More purchases!!
    (And it is freezing and snowing here, I know what you mean, need Spring!) Spring is the rainbow at winter's end.....

• kareen
    17 years ago

My condolences on your loss Tamgypsy. I think going for the Easter/spring look is a great idea to rid yourself of the blues..... your home definately looks like spring now.
    You did a fantastic job on those displays ,I love it all. I was at the Christmas tree shop the other day , they have a good sized rabbit for $7.99 that is very nice....have fun shopping. Kareen

• jaybird
    17 years ago

Blessings to you and hugs!!
    I too laughed outloud at your sons' antics!! I have two sons made on the same last!!!!!! Yikes!!!!
    and DRAT, we don't have Christmas tree shops!! My friend visited relatives in Mass., and came home telling me about the shops....

yes, she is still my friend!!

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Kareen, did you buy anything at Cmas Tree Shops??? I just saw a post on another Board, adorable lamp and shade total 2.99 and some pics of other things. Are you holding out on us? Did they have the faux choc bunnies??
    Jay, I have sent so many people there who never heard of the store. Like Kareen said, somrtimes nothing, but other times it is so much fun! Don't you have any friend in the NE area you could visit???

• kareen
    17 years ago

Kathleen,
    They had paper products at a good price so I bought some shamrock plates and napkins for a ladies pot luck I had Saturday also got those pretzel crackers for the party ...they are so good and my daughter says weight watchers oks them. I had been there a few days before and bought a metal flower vase in black and white and some artifical flowers.....may go back and get the bunny. Kareen

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Tam you are doing such a great job, love all the "bunny eye candy" of course. I'm wanting St Paddy's to hurry up and get here so I can do some Easter decorations next. Just hope it doesn't amuse the cats as much as this one has.
    by the way, it's supposed to be in the high 80s here this week. Unlike most of you, I dread this fast warm-up since our summers are too hot and too long. Winter is the great time in Phx.

Karen

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

purple...it's 0 degrees today with a windchill of -20...I would love to have some type of warm up but I also understand what you are saying...too much of a good thing is not good anymore...LOL ...I think extreme heat is just as bad as extreme cold...I'd settle for something in the 40's at this point it would feel like summer...LOL

Here are some more pictures...this set up was difficult for me to photograph because of the glare from the snow and all the items being glass...that is why there are so many pictures just so you could see the different things and colors....I hope you all don't mind...this is the baywindow in my diningroom...

Baywindow...
    {{gwi:1415770}}

Apothecary Jar with pastel glass eggs
    {{gwi:1415772}}

{{gwi:1415773}}

Fitz and Floyd Bunny
    {{gwi:1415774}}

{{gwi:1415775}}

Right side of baywindow
    {{gwi:1415776}}

Decanters
    {{gwi:1415777}}

{{gwi:1415778}}

Easter Stackingplate
    {{gwi:1415779}}

{{gwi:1415781}}

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

My goodness, Tam, you are certainly going to be a hard act to follow. Everything just looks perfect. (Are you consulting with Judith before you post on here?) Ha ha Just teasing, but you truly are doing an amazing job of putting just the right pieces together.

I love your jar with the pastel eggs! Gorgeous. And I love how you have used the silver trays and clear half marbles to add even more Bling! Very clever idea, and it must all really add sparkle there in your window.

I would never have thought to elevate the stacked plates up on another cake stand. That not only adds height, but drama as well. Love those crystal berries with the Easter things. Oh, heck, I can't pick one favorite, I just love it all! ;o) Great job, Tam.

Luvs

• judithva
    17 years ago

Tam, just beautiful, gosh, you are on a roll!! I love everything, really! The stacking plates are adorable, love the bunnies, eggs, the pastels. The beautiful glass eggs in the jar. The decanters, like I said everything!

I have to agree with Luvs I can't pic a fave, and yes, Luvs she has done everything on her own, no help from me.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

I love it all, but I adore the jar with the glass eggs, just beautiful!! And your F&F bunny is precious! Also the glass bowl with the hydrangea, my fav flowers!
    And I haven't forgotten that today is the day you were going to go to C T Shops at lunch. Kareen said they have good crackers, pretzels there, so you could grab a bite too!!! Not to mention the wind is howling and the wind chill is below 0!!! No pressure here, Tam!!

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much!!!
    I thought ...for me... I did ok...but it is nice to know that you all also like what I put together...I looked alot at inspirational pictures I had saved and try to make it work with my items..
    I don't just look for approval...if you see something that does not look right please continue to give me your feedback...because honestly this is not easy...lol...I tweak each setting for hours...lol
    but it's great to know I actually was able to pull this off so far..especially since I doubt myself everytime I post a picture...lol

The glass eggs I got from marshalls...I think they were 6.99 in a pack of 6 or 8...can't remember I bought a couple of packs...the glass jar with the eggs is actually my favorite of the whole set up...love the colors and whenever the sun peeks out for a few minutes that whole window really sparkles...and those pastel tones look even prettier..:)

The silver trays are cheap...got them at wegmans for 3.99...I bought several because I think I can use them as chargers too...

There is more to come...lol...yeah I am bunny crazy right now...lol

I'll be working on my diningroom fireplace (that one is not real - one of those gelfuel fireplaces)...sideboard and maybe the buffet tonight...and in the next couple of days I'll play around with tablesettings...

kathleen I had to reschedule my visit to the Christmastree store to tomorrow...so it'll be another day until I can report back if I found anything...ok...if I gave into the temptations...lol

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Yes, use them as chargers, great idea. And see, our favorite is the glass eggs in the jar, very pretty, forget the snow. And , I will wait till tomorrow for your goodies. I give you a lot of credit. I know how much time all of this takes, but it is like gardening, good therapy!
    Keep the pics coming, love them!

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

BTW, Sandi is absent today. She said she wasn't feeling well yesterday. I hope she didn't get BIRD FLU from those rooster dishes she bought! ( She is going to kill me!)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Ha ha, you are right Kathleen--Sandi is going to kill you for that one! ;o) Luvs

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tam, I have to keep going back and looking at all of your pictures. I agree with everyone else, I love everything and don't know if I can pick a favorite, but the jar with the glass eggs would have to be at the top of my list. You have done a wonderful job on all of your decorating. I am feeling very bunny deprived and can see I am going to have to buy more.

Kathleen, I bought the rooster dishes Sunday and as soon as I got home with them I started getting sick.
    Co-incidence??? Do do do do (That's Jaws music)

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Another lovely home decorated for Easter (heck, I'm still finding Christmas pine needles here and there - LOL). The glass eggs in the jar are gorgeous, gives me some inspiration to get out some Spring decorations to take away this drab winter feeling.

Sal

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Craftylady, when you do your Spring decorating, don't forget to post pics here, we love "eye candy". You guys had such a late winter, didn't you? Hopefully, it will all be gone in just a few more weeks. ;o) Luvs

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

WOW, the eye candy just gets better and better. The stacked plates are delightful, and the jar with eggs is really gorgeous. Guess I need to head back to Marshalls soon. Of course I love the F&F bunny!!!

Karen

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here are my next sets of pictures...:)
    Sorry that the one picture from the Master bedroom is so dark...it came out either too dark or too light...:(

This is my small Diningroom buffet

{{gwi:1415782}}

{{gwi:1415784}}

Diningroom Fireplace

{{gwi:1415785}}

{{gwi:1415786}}

Master Bedroom Sidetable

{{gwi:1415787}}

Master Bedroom Dresser

{{gwi:1415788}}

• jaybird
    17 years ago

Kathleen...most of my family lives in CN and MA....unfortunately the opportunity to visit has not recently presented itself!! RATS!!!!!!!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tamgypsy, More lovely pictures. You have really outdone yourself. I don't know which I like the most, but your buffet and fireplace are right at the top of the list. Everything is just wonderful.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Tam, again very lovely! How long have you been collecting your lovely spring acces? Such lovely touches..
    Hey, do "dust BUNNIES" count as Spring decs???HA
    Jaybird, you should endear yourself to your family so you can go visit. Only the ones who live near C T Shops!!!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tamgypsy, I thought you might like to know that this post is mentioned with a link at the HGTV forum.

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1634079532/m/5191065903

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sandi...thanks for letting me know...uhmm...at first it freaked me out...I tend to forget that 'everybody' can look at these not just all of you...LOL...but oh well...I don't care...lol
    Kathleen...some of the things I had...some I have been picking up here and there...some of it is re-purposed...the bordallo dishes is a new addiction triggered by the original green/white table vignette Judith had posted...I just love those dishes...I think they are very versatile and I'll be able to reuse them in the summer and in the fall...:) ...I went to the Cristmastree shop today...I LOVE IT!!!...It was loads of fun...but funny thing is all the items I loved in the flier I didn't get...lol...I still loved those things but I found too many other things I liked...lol...the prices where fabulous...thank you for sending me there..:)
    I'll take pictures and post on a seperate post when I get the chance...:)
    In the next couple of days I will finish the last of my Easter decorating...the larger buffet and the table setting...:)
    And then I'll sit back and wait for all of your eyecandy...:)

• secondhandrose2
    17 years ago

I am very sorry if I offended you. I was the one that posted this thread at hgtv because I thought your pics were beautiful. I will be happy to remove my post over there if you want me to.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Tam, I am so glad you got to go. I wanted to ask before, but I didn't want to be pushy! Wasn't it fun??? I can't wait to see your goodies! Nothing like a trip to the Tree to make you happy!
    I think I am intimidated by your pics. I think I will say my camera broke. No, I know everyone here is kind and only make comments to help us improve.

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

secondhandrose...oh no...you did not offend me...I am very sorry if it came across like that...I am still learning this decorating thing myself and I am not very confident on what I am doing...in addition I tend to forget that we are on the world wide web afterall...it was just a little shock to see the link had travelled...lol
    you don't need to remove the post at all...really...I am glad you are joining us here...:)

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kathleen...no no no...don't be intimidated...I am just a lil' proud that you all like what I have been doing...but I am just taking baby steps and I am learning and using alot of the inspiration pictures I have seen here....I want to see all of your creations too...I love everything you all come up with and always get more great ideas from you...please don't hesitate to post pictures...we are all learning from each other here...that is what it is all about...:)

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ladies this is the last of my Easter decorations before I start playing
    with the diningroom table setting...
    I will start a new thread for the Easter table settings...now I'll wait for all of your
    pretties...:)

Diningroom buffet

{{gwi:1415789}}

{{gwi:1415790}}

{{gwi:1415791}}

{{gwi:1415792}}

• judithva
    17 years ago

Tam,
    Your buffet is beautiful. You carried the pinks thru very well and the black color is nicely distributed. Often people will forget that "rule" of carrying the colors in the vignette throughtout the "look", which you did very well. The varying heights of the objects are great too (being that the different heights allows the eye to "travel").
    The only thing I might change would be to remove the center decoration from the buffet (under the Believe sign), it is very pretty, but, just don't feel that you "need" to fill every "open" space. Sometimes "open spaces" are just as important the vignette its self. I hope you do not mind the comment, I really, really hate giving suggestions, cause I don't want to hurt peoples' feelings. Please realize this is only my opinion and not neccessairly the "correct" one...

You really are doing wonderful with your vingettes!

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Judith...you know that I don't mind any comments and suggestions...:)
    I welcome them because I am learning...I do see your point and I had a tough time with that...I kept taking it away and putting it back...I will remove it and repost a picture...
    I remembered what you had told us about carrying the color through and did try to pay attention to that...:)
    Remember that my favorite of your pictures was always the green and white only...well I started with that...but in my very neutral and monochromatic room the green and white alone almost blended...I added the pink and actually like it better in my setting...funny how that worked out...:)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Tam, just beautiful again. You sure are a quick learner. I just love all of the vignettes you have created. You have some beautiful items in them too. Thanks so much for sharing, I have really enjoyed seeing them all. Luvs

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tam, Your buffet is beautiful. Your Easter vignette is perfect. And you did wonderful with the touches of pink. I love everything and the floral stems in the pitcher are so pretty.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Yummy! Love the touch of pink, perfect. And the items J sugg you remove you can ship here, I have had my eye on that covered bowl.
    You really have beautiful things and have displayed them beautifully!

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions