SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wierdssw

Help! 3 gallons of margarita spilled in my car!

wierdssw
16 years ago

Okay, first of all, I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a nanny whose employer gave her a drink cooler full of margaritas (leftover from a party she'd thrown) for a party I was having the next day. On my way home from work, I took a corner and the cooler tipped onto the seat and the floor (I let her put it in the back seat and didn't check to make sure she put it on the floor--she didn't).

The cooler is huge and was about half full (3-4 gallons full probably) of margaritas. It had about 5 bottles of tequila, 5 or 6 bottles of margarita mix, about 30 fresh-squeezed limes and 5 oranges in it. So basically, alcohol, sugar and fruit juice. I soaked the mess up to the best of my ability, but days later the smell is unbelievable. I know most of it soaked into my seats and there was a little lake of it in the footwell that I'm sure is starting to rot or mold or something.

What do I do? How do I get it up our of the seat cushions? I'm loathe to pay $150 to a professional cleaner, but I don't know where to start. Help?

Comments (7)