SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherwhy_gw

Need help with MB tile choices

sherwhy
14 years ago

The layout for my MB is long and narrow. You walk in and the 6' vanity is on your left and next to the vanity is our tub. The tub is a 5.5 drop-in. Then a 6' tall linen cabinet. Beyond that is the wall to the water closet.

The walk in closet door is across from the Vanity. Across from the tub is a 4.4x5 shower. The shower is set back with 3 walls for tile and a frameless glass door. The vanity is white and will have an extra white carrera marble top. We were thinking of putting the same marble on the tub deck. The front of the tub is softly curved. I'm not sure what to put on the tub front. The largest we can go is 4"tile.

For the shower I know I want the tradition white 3x6 subway tile layed horizontal. We have a corner bench with the same curved front shape and will be topped with the same marble as vanity. I'm not sure what to put on the bench front. The largest tile we can use there is a 2". As for the flooring, I wanted to go with the traditional white 1.5 hex but I'm scared to use the unglazed and have a cleaning nightmare. The floor tile will run into the shower because we won't have a curb. I want to keep the bathroom clean, fresh and timeless.

Can anyone suggest a better floor tile? or any other alternatives than putting 2" square marble on the tub front and bench front. I think that will be too much marble for the room.

Thank you for your help.

Comments (2)