SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Murphy's Law and the 'Holiday' Fairy

Purplemoon
13 years ago

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"... according to Murphy. I don't like him much either. As that was definitely the case yesterday! Arrggghhh. My nearly new AC/Heating Unit went on the fritz. Parts have to be special ordered. So no heat late at night when I need it now, and will be a week. Thankfully weather is good, and house is fine from noon on. Next came plumbing problems, need to get the rooter service out and may have a broken pipe somewhere as well. Then Jason goes to the mortuary AND the cemetery to finalize Dad's services on Saturday only to find big mix-ups at BOTH places!! Fast solution at mortuary, just a miscommunication on their part. Major headache at cemetery regarding where the plot was...a plot that was bought many years ago by the way! Someone there had messed up marking it down. I am sooooo thankful that Jas has been handling all this stuff since Dad died, but never more-so than yesterday when he told me about these problems just days before the services!! I was really at my wit's end by the end of the day....thinking what else is going to go wrong now? .Then a box arrived on my doorstep. And once again, a special gift arrived at the most perfect time. I don't know HOW you Holiday-ers do this sort of magic! Suddenly my tears of frustration turned to tears of incredulous joy. In the box was a lovely fairy, and not just any fairy....This lady is a Purple Moon Fairy! She is so gorgeous, and such detail on her!!. Even her dress has little moons and stars on it. I have a tiny collection of special fairies here in a curio cabinet, and a small fairy garden out back, but I have never seen one like her before! She is truly the PERFECT one for me. And apparently our Slinkey-Jane thought so too when she sent her! What a very special gift, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

hugs, Karen

PS....I couldn't help but think that OA could probably set a Mishap Table in honor of Murphy!! LOL.

That thought restored my sense of humor at least.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions