SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peggross1

Monogram Advantium over Miele Masterchef Oven

peggross1
15 years ago

OK, I still haven't "finished" enough to post on the finished kitchens website, but thought it was past due that I share some helpful photos and specifics with GW, since it was such a huge help to me in planning the kitchen I've lived with and still LOVE, after 7 months!

So, here is a picture I hope others find helpful. I have a Monogram 120v Advantium wall oven above a Miele Masterchef H4881BP single wall oven. Note, I used the included kit that comes with the Advantium to make it the same width as the Miele oven below it. Also, note the cabinet above and the drawer below, both of which are incredibly useful and that were deliberately planned bc of suggestions of other GW posters who I can't recall but who were of such help to me in my planning stage! I should note that my Miele came with a curved handle and I purchased and change it for the square handle shown here. I thought it looked better with the Advantium's handle.

Here is a picture of the upper cabinet, which I made sure was large enough to hold extra Miele oven racks (unless I am baking cookies, I only use ONE Miele oven rack for roasting and baking other items, so two are usually in this cabinet. In fact, two ARE in this cabinet, in the furthest section to the right.)

Here is a picture of the drawer below my ovens. I ALMOST planned a warming drawer here, which would have been a BIG mistake! Both the Advantium and the Miele ovens have large accessories that you want to be able to store close by. The Miele has rotisserie parts and an important fan filter that is needed whenever you roast something. The Advantium has a special metal tray that needs to replace the glass tray when you are using speed cook or convection cook. The glass tray, which I leave in most of the time, is only used during microwave function.

Here is a picture of the inside of the Miele oven. I was under the mistaken impression that buying the oven with Perfect Clean meant that I would NOT be getting an oven that could Self Clean. That is NOT true!!!! With perfect clean, the oven racks and the roasting tray that slides into the oven racks are the only parts that are coated with perfect clean. These parts are a breeze to clean after roasting (and yes, I roast directly on the oven rack! I no longer need my stupidly expensive All-Clad roasting pan, even for my Tday turkey!)

There IS self clean for the rest of the oven. The picture below shows my oven after it has been self-cleaned and the rack is put back in. (BTW, the self-cleaning was MUCH faster than my old oven, although it was still a smelly process for about 1.5 hrs.)

I hope this was helpful to someone! Feel free to ask any...

Comments (3)