SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teppy_gw

Follow up to Viking dishwasher

teppy
15 years ago

A couple of months back, I posted here asking for information about the new Viking intelliwash dishwasher(Model VDB-450).

I got a few responses from people who do not like viking at all. I said that I would report back after I get it and use for awhile.

I have to say that I am very pleased, tickled actually. It is the best dishwasher I have ever used. I have been using it for a month now. It is not only very quiet, but it cleans like a dishwasher is supposed to.

I know that alot of people rinse their dishes before loading, but I have never believed in that. Isn't that why I am using a dishwasher in the first place, to not have to wash them first? This dishwasher makes a rice pot shine. My ultimate test was last week when I put my two piece roaster pan in and gave it a try. It cleaned it then beautifully. I tried it again last night after roasting a chicken. It came out shining clean again. i bought the electric smooth top range also. this is the roasting pan that comes with the stove. These are really nasty to clean with a brillo pad and I am just so excited to be able to just load this in the dishwasher now.

It has a blue light on the bottom that shines on the floor when its running. I like that. All of the controls are hidden. Its really just an awesome dishwasher. Was it worth the $2000? I don't know that any dishwasher is worth that much, but its the price I paid because I wanted "that" look and not to mention I wanted it to match my viking stove. I did not want the custom panels made to match my cabinets on my dishwasher. i like the stainless steel look.

I just wanted to post here in case anyone else is looking at this dishwasher. I know that viking has had some bad dishwashers in the past from what I've read here. This one is a winner as far as I'm concerned. I will knock on wood though and hope that I still like it years from now.

Comment