SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

Dishwashers: Viking Display or Miele? What would you do?

janjan212
11 years ago

I had my mind made up to get a Miele Dishwasher (don't have model info in front of me) but it was the one of the lower end models. Sells for about 1500.00 .

When I got there, they have several display models for sale as they remodel some of the showroom. They have a Viking display dishwasher (retails for 1799.00 I think) for about 900 bucks. Tempting. There is not a lot of info out there on them. In fact, when I googled the exact model # (now discontinued) I got exactly 2 reviews. One was 5 star, the other 1 star. I was told I would get 100% warranty as if it was new.

Everything I saw about the Viking was appealing, except it didn't have the cutlery rack. I started it up, it was very quiet but did not stay for the entire wash so I don't know how well it cleans. The salesman, that has been very upfront with me (talking me out of many appliances I *thought I wanted, that would have made him more money) tells me it as a very nice dishwasher at an amazing price. I feel confident in the Miele,but the price savings for the Viking is so very tempting with our small budget. I just don't want a dud. Would you go for the Viking to save 600 bucks? This is not our forever home...if the Viking cleans well, trouble free and quietly for at least 5 years we'd be good....

Comments (8)