SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Not Your Traditional Valentine Table

phonegirl
13 years ago

It's been so fun with all of your beautiful tables and decor posted here this year for Valentines Day. I was getting tired of mine so started putting it away last night. Then the light came on, I thought why not try a blue one for a change.

A lady here was cleaning house a few years ago and called and ask if DH would like a tablecloth his GGM Jose Martin had made years ago. BTW, she lived to be 105.

The lady said she had won it at a Garden Club raffle. I ask DMIL if she wanted it and she didn't so I've had it stored away. I have never used it because it has a few stains that I could never remove. But I decided I could cover them up! I think she done a beautiful job making this.

I set out my DGM carnival glass pitcher and my punch bowl on the old Singer Sewing cabinet for a little more blue. I had bought some white roses with hearts (DP) so put an arrangement together in one of my lg crystal vases.

The Cherub planter for the cp is one I found at a ys last summer. The flowers and wispy stems are all from DP.

The Otagiri Birds I showed you before from my treasure shopping spree. The other little girls were DM's. In RL they match pretty well. Do any of you recognize them and know who they are made by? The little heart votives are from DP. I've had the heart pie dish forever and don't remember where or who it came from at the moment.

The stems are all from Ross. I'm getting more adventuresome with the polka dots, plaids and flowered things, thanks to all of you and your beautiful tables. I still had a hard time thinking I could use four different colors on one table but I did. Set out our old china, Fair Lawn from Japan, Yumi Katsura plates from DD, white Pfaltgraff plates and the Generic Blue Heart Soup pots for the stacked plates.

I will post this close up of the tablecloth made by DH GGM so you can see more detail. I snapped this shot as I was setting it to see how much the stains would show. They do but I still wanted to use it. I used black satin under it.

Leave it to me to be thinking outside the box again! I know most don't think of blue for Valentines Day but I sure did.LOL

Punk

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions