SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

A Bit OT: My Valentine's Table Last Night

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

My sweet DH loves to cook, although he doesn't have much time for it working 12-15 hour days. In fact, he's even better than I am and I'm no slouch! So, for special days like my birthday, Mother's Day and Valentine's Day (when the last thing I want is to go fight the crowds in a restaurant!), he cooks me a special meal. Yesterday he made this delicious Valentine's dinner for us, while I made the dessert and set our special table. Gosh, I love my Valentine decs and always hate paking them away for another year, but . . . .

Our menu: Pan Roasted Peppered Tenderloin Medallions with a Cognac Cream Sauce; Caesar Salad; Corm Timbales w Basil Bream; a great wine; and for dessert, I made Winter-Spiced Molten Chocolate Cakes with homemade Rum-Ginger Ice Cream.

Our Valentine's table. I see that I forgot to set the rest of the flatware before I took this pic (LOL!):

{{gwi:1409121}}

Close-up:

{{gwi:1409122}}

DH's yummy dinner:

{{gwi:1409123}}

Dessert:

{{gwi:1409124}}

New wreath I made this year. I decided to hang it on our dining room window:

{{gwi:1409126}}

Large (11 1/2") cherub I found at a local thrift shop. I love it!

{{gwi:1409128}}

{{gwi:1409127}}

OK (sigh!), now it's time to pack it all away until next February and get on with my next decorating project. Hope yours was a nice Valentine's Day.

Lynn

Comments (22)