SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Hi, I'm new here...and stacking cake plates

Purplemoon
17 years ago

I stumbled across this forum by accident, and have been thanking my lucky stars. I post regularly on Garden Junk and found some familiar names here too. I have been lurking a few weeks and sure wish I'd found this before Xmas. I am in total awe of Judith's accessorizing and her stacking cake platess. I totally identified with one poster who said she'd never decorated for other holidays till she saw these Judith did. Now I'm HOOKED totally and will look forward to each and every Holiday to decorate them. (in spite of living with 4 cats!!) I showed them to my daughter-in-law and she went nuts over them too. Since her birthday was coming up (Jan 28th) I went to Target Online and ordered us each a set. I was so excited, till the box arrived and looked like UPS had drop kicked it. Plus Target did a really crappy job of packing, almost NO padding on these fragile plates. I couldn't even make one set, as both large pieces were chipped as well as one small and one medium. After I calmed down, and called Target and let them know what I thought of their packing and UPS, I said I'd return these and wanted them replaced ASAP. The guy was real nice, told me to keep them and he'd refund my money. They have no more so couldn't replace them. Well after looking them over I realized the one set not too bad and my daughter in law wanted it anyway. Lg piece had 3 tiny chips on rim and decorated wouldn't even be seen. The set I kept had one large chip off big plate and also small plate. But again, decor would hide it. So I bought the Sundae cups from Walmart for the tops and glued all together. Cats, remember . So got two sets FREE, thank you Target. Then I hit Michaels and Walmart, got Valentine decor (and some St Paddy's & Easter too). Decorated mine yesterday and even tho it's not grand like Judiths, it was fun and I love it. I'm thick-skinned cause I see what nice gals y'all are, so feel free to offer comments and advice and critiques. I can't tell you how much I enjoy this Forum and am on here every night now drooling over pix and reading your posts.

Sorry to ramble on so much.

Karen {{gwi:1412347}}

Comments (20)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals
More Discussions