SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

non-traditional colors for Valentine's

luckygal
14 years ago

Since Christmas most of my usual places for vignettes have been very sparsely decorated. So I finally did a vignette on the sideboard in the great room with a heart/love theme. However since I changed the plates on the plate rails before Christmas to my cobalt blue ones and there are lots of browns in the room I couldn't see using pink or red. So this is very non-traditional color-wise but with Valentine theme.

There is an oval wedding photo of my Grandparents above the sideboard. The background of the photo is pale green. The sterling candlesticks belonged to my DH's DGM. And they need polishing I know but they are one of the few silver things I have that I like more "patina" on. The candy has to be in the little apothecary or the cats help themselves and play with them! Far left is a teardrop shaped handblown green glass ornament. Yard sale finds are the heart shaped plate, plate stand, silver tray, green glass candleholder, and tiny apothecary. I like using trays to contain vignettes otherwise things end up on the floor when the cats rearrange them.

{{gwi:1410300}}

Glass love birds are handmade art glass.

{{gwi:1410301}}

I collect both pottery and hearts - these are a few from the set DH bot me years ago.

{{gwi:1410302}}

This cloche is on my kitchen sideboard but it will go on my bedroom dresser when I get that vignette done. I copied Karen's idea of flowers in an apothecary. Thanks Karen! These flowers are from an arrangement I gave my DM many years ago. I had taken the arrangement apart, washed the flowers, but never used them.

{{gwi:1410303}}

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions