SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janesylvia

Is the electric outlet position too low?

janesylvia
12 years ago

My contractor installed a new electric outlet on the right of the toilet for the washlet of my toto toilet. I noticed the outlet plate is only 4 1/4" from the floor (outlet itself is 5.5" from the floor). But the baseboard I bought is 5.5". I don't know if code allows the outlet to be installed that low in a hallway bathroom.

My contractor said he would cut a rectangle shape on the baseboard to accommodate the electric outlet plate. People would not see it because the toilet blocks the view. Would it be a good idea? Or is it better to ask the contractor to move the outlet 2 inches higher? He might not be willing to do so, because the wall has been painted already and he might not want to cut the drywall, repair it and paint that part again.

Now there are only vanity, separately bought vanity top, mirror or medicine cabinet, toilet door casing, and baseboard that need to be installed in this hallway bathroom. He also needs to replace a vanity in my another bathroom. He wants to finish all these on Sunday (tomorrow) and then rush to his next project in another house.

Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Comments (4)