SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marisany

please critique plan - photos

marisany
15 years ago

We're about to renovate a 10' x 7.5' bathroom. I had a great deal of help and advice from THS posters when we did our very small bath last summer, for which I am very grateful. This bathroom is a reasonable size, but planning the space is difficult, mainly because there are 3 windows in odd places. The house is a 1931 slate-roof center hall colonial, so I will be going for a simple, traditional look - lots of white, beadboard. We also would like to keep the costs down, although we realize that the current plan won't be cheap, as it involves moving quite a bit of plumbing.

This room has 3 outside walls - only the wall with the entrance door is interior. At present, the room is divided in two, with the bath/shower, tub, pedestal sink crowded into a little more than half the space, and the other space has a large storage closet and an unused vanity counter. We plan to open it up. There are two small double-hung windows on the wall opposite the door. Right now, one of them is in the shower, not a good situation. There are no privacy issues, we are on a hill with nothing behind us. There is also a larger, double-hung window behind the entrance door - we plan to reverse the way the door swings.

I'll start with photos of the current bathroom, probably the ugliest "before" ever posted on CC.

Looking in from entrance at the current anteroom:

Looking into bathroom part from door in interior wall:

Will continue in the next post with plans.

Comments (20)