SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelvar

Shower Niche - Stuck in the mud with the "how to"

kelvar
10 years ago

Who would have thought this should be so hard. We are stuck in the ditch going around and around about a shower niche. Some questions...
1. If you frame it yourself, what did you use for shelves within it...glass, wood that is tiled, some sort of thinner granite, back to back tile somehow?

2. If you used a tile ready niche, does it stick out slightly when the rim is laid upon the studs? If so, how did you tile this to make blend in?

3. What we think we're seeing is that the niche tile wont line up right with the wall tile...it's not the "right" overall height (the right multiple of wall tile heights) to blend in seamlessly. I know that may make no sense.

1. How did you tile your niche? With the same tile cut to fit, mosaic complementary tile? How did you get the grout lines to line up with the wall tile?

I know this must sound dumb and probably very obvious to a lot of you, but we really can't get our hands around this to figure it all out.

I need someone to walk me through the basics...I'm obviously lost. Or making this harder than it actually is.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments (4)