SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockmanor

Wolf: Replacement vs. refund?

rockmanor
15 years ago

For those of you who've had problems with Wolf ranges, how many replacements have been installed and when (if ever) did Wolf offer you a refund? I read one post in which Wolf refunded the cost of the range plus delivery & installation costs, so that the owner could purchase another range of her choice. It wasn't clear how many replacements she'd already been through with Wolf.

The replacement range that Wolf sent out in December is exhibiting the same problems as the one it replaced (flaking interior.) While it doesn't yet have the large bare patches that the first range developed, I think it's just a matter of time. Meanwhile, it caused an injury which has me typing with one hand. I've already heard from the company's insurance rep. and a service tech came to take photos, so Wolf has certainly been responsive.

My understanding is that Wolf intends to replace this range after testing the next one. My concern is that the flaking off of the porcelain gets worse with each cleaning cycle, so they'd probably need to run it several times to be reasonably confident.

As much as I like my 48" DF, I am annoyed at being without usable ovens yet again. I am not looking forward to the hassle of another removal and installation. Our hardwood floor was damaged during the previous delivery, which I did not mention to Wolf at the time because I was just relieved to have a range before Christmas (as it was, I had to buy a birthday cake for one of my children.) Maybe it's just general fatigue from all of the other problems with our new house, but this has gotten very old very quickly. It seems that accepting a replacement is inevitable this time, but if the third range has problems, I'll expect a check instead. What I'll find to replace the Wolf is another headache.

Comments (7)