SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwentm

CONCERNED: What is you Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Repair Experience?

gwentm
14 years ago

I decided upon the KUDE70 panel ready dishwasher after bringing my dishes to try them out, They would not fit easily into Miele or Bosch. A friend just told me about her KA dishwasher from hell - she bought it about 7 years ago. After about 6 months things started to go wrong and Kitchen Aid was no help. Computer replaced three times, door that opens mid cycle and crashes down if not held up, leaking causing her to have to replace her wet kickplate 2 or 3 times, etc. To avoid another $150 service call she now has it pulled slightly from the counter so she can clamp it shut. About 2 or 3 years ago she warned a friend who ended up purchasing it anyway and her friend is now experiencing similar problems. Both bought the top of the line at the time - paying around $1200. I looked on the consumer compaint website and saw others with similar complaints - many saying they thought they just had a lemon until they read the posts on that website. This is making me leary about my purchase but I have not seen complaints like this on Garden Web. Does anyone know if these problems have been fixed? Is the KUDE series too new to tell? Are you problem free?

Comments (5)