SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megg_gw

KitchenAid dishwasher defects

megg
13 years ago

I've been looking for a dishwasher that would give me space to load large salad bowls, and after reading several posts on this site I decided on a KitchenAid dishwasher. But then I found on Google this Consumer Affairs site: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/kit_dishwasher_p20.html

with 40 pages of complaints about KitchenAid dishwashers. By far the most common are the inadequate hinges on the door that cause it to pop open, sometimes while the machine is running, and come crashing down, sometimes causing injuries. Many called the KitchenAid consumer helpline and were told that they had received no other complaints about the door problems. There were also tales of the control board burning up, and very poor cleaning of dishes. No one reported receiving any satisfaction from KitchenAid. The frustration and anger in these posts was so evident. I got through 20 of the 40 pages, although it didn't take me that long to decide not to buy any KitchenAid appliances. Miele or Bosch, here I come.

Comments (15)