SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

Cascade rinse aid product in Kitchen Aide Dishwasher ?

flseadog
14 years ago

I was visiting my dear SIL this weekend and she is very upset with her relatively new KA dishwasher. She had the old KA for almost 20 years and raved about it. When it finally died she just replaced it with the current model and has found that it is not nearly as good as the old machine. Among the many things she disliked was the fact that her glasses and other clear glass items such as ice cream dishes and custard cups were getting a film build up. She was told (not sure if this is in the instructions for the dishwasher) by the installer that only the Cascade rinse aid was allowed to be used in her dishwasher. I told her that the installer told me the same thing about my truly awful GE basic dishwasher but I have been using LemiShine powdered rinse aid in the final wash cup and dishwasher powder detergent in the pre-rinse cup of the dishwasher. I have also discontinued Jet Dry which I tried in place of the Cascade rinse aid.

She is afraid of damaging the dishwasher if she disregards what she has been told but I said I would ask here if anyone has had any experience with this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Comments (5)