SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janieful

Pictures of our new black and white bathroom

Janieful
11 years ago

Here are some photos of the new bathroom in our 1920s bungalow. I don't have any before pictures, because it was a brand new addition. We were trying to make it look like it was always a part of the house. Hopefully we achieved that look.

Here are the things we used, much of which was on the recommendations of these awesome forums.

floor tile - Daltile Keystones unglazed 1.25 inch white hex w/ black accents

wall tile - Daltile Rittenhouse Square subway with black bulnose

sink - Kohler Memoirs (24 inch)

toilet - Toto Promenade

tub - Kohler Villager

medicine cabinet - Van Dyke's kit

light fixtures - Destination Lighting Schoolhouse Sconces

faucets - Delta

Originally we had special ordered the Daltile hex with 4% black, but the tile company accidentally ordered the b/w octagon (Duh!). Instead of waiting 2 more months, we just had them pop out some white and add black. I think I would have preferred the original more random pattern, but oh, well.

And for anyone who worries about keeping the unglazed white hex clean, I haven't found it that bad, but you have to be comfortable with a little dinginess. I consider it patina.

All in all, there's nothing I regret. It's a great, middle range bathroom. I would say we spent around $7,000 on the actual bathroom (tile, new plumbing, fixtures). But of course that doesn't include the other addition construction costs.

We love it. The vintage feel of it makes me happy. It just feels right for the home. P.S. Sorry about the last photo not being rotated. We couldn't figure out how to fix it.

{{gwi:1401519}}

Comments (14)