SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

Boy, do I feel stupid...

dreamgoddess
13 years ago

I've been trying to work on a tablesetting for a couple of days now and finally had everything I needed for it. One of the necessary items was a piece of white styrofoam and naturally all I could find at WM was green.

So, I get the brilliant idea to spray paint it white. I did and when I went back outside to get it, it was nowhere to be found...just a puddle of paint where it had been sitting. I came back in the house furious cause my DH's puppy took my styrofoam!

By this time it's totally dark, so we get the flashlight and go out trying to find the styrofoam. I finally find the puppy and what do you know...no styrofoam! The dog just looks up at me with this innocent expression on his face. Oh, but I wasn't fooled! I just knew he had swiped it cause he loves to chew anything he can get his teeth into.

So, my DH asked me to show him where I had put it to paint it. I took him over to where I had put the piece and when he got to looking at it, he told me it was still right there where I had placed it.

Did you know that you can't spray paint styrofoam with Krylon? Apparently, the oils in the paint break down the styrofoam into a gooey mess. My youngest daughter just looked at me and informed me that "someone owes Domino an apology".

I just quietly slipped back in the house.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions