SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

crazy woman spotted in Home Goods yesterday

Purplemoon
14 years ago

For Christmas, I got a $100 gift card for Home Goods, plus a driver! LOL. Its actually only about 40 minutes from me, but I can't drive that far anymore with my right leg so bad from the Fibro. Plus time I walk the store, I'd sure never manage to drive home either. So I have only gotten to go ONCE a YEAR. (I hate to impose on my busy kids or golf obsessed DH) This was my 3rd time. Once my DD took me on my birthday, then last time I asked my DH to take me. DD gave me the gift card and said she would take me this time. She took off work yesterday afternoon and we went SHOPPING!!!! She just bought clothes. HUH? Silly Girl. I went nuts of course in the STUFF aisles. So much to see, so much to want, but I sort of retained some control. sighing.

You Pinkies are going to be VERY proud of me. LOL. The very minute I got inside the doors, the FIRST thing I saw were these pink mercury glass pillars and I fell in love instantly! I grabbed them before I even got a buggy! I found a lonely little Bordallo Pinheiro turkey candleholder on a clearance rack for $2. Then the pretty ceramic Easter egg and the clear lidded rabbit dish. (they had it in a beautiful turquoise blue too, but I figured I'd get more use out of it clear.)

{{gwi:1405796}}

I got a few more Easter decorations besides the ceramic egg. I loved the rabbit plate of course! I got two boxes of the glass egg ornaments. The other thing is large bead garland in pastel colors. (YES I bought PASTEL. LOL. No choice when it comes to Easter!).

{{gwi:1405797}}

I have LONG wanted the green Bordallo rabbit cake plate, and the little dessert one too. But on eBay they are so expensive, and then there's shipping. ;o( So I was practically jumping up and down in the aisle yesterday when I spotted BOTH of them. I first saw some yellow Bordallo rabbit things, on another aisle and was very disappointed they didn't have my green. But several rows over...there they were!! And about 1/3rd what eBay would have cost. I am soooooooo happy! Most of you know I already have quite a few of the green rabbit pieces in my collection, and its the cake plate I was really, really wanting. (they come in pink, blue, yellow, and lavendar also. Plus many designs besides the rabbits!)

{{gwi:1405798}}
top view of them.

{{gwi:1405799}}

So I'm a Happy Girl. Limping around today in loads of pain, but it was worth every step I took yesterday.

LOL. I told my daughter I HAVE to go back THIS year. Next Fall specifically.

hugs, Karen

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions