SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Finally good luck at Goodwill yesterday!

Kathsgrdn
13 years ago

I went to Goodwill to look for some scrubs and jeans. I've lost 46 pounds and every time I go to work several people make comments about how big my scrubs are. I am wearing larges now, down from 1x's. I didn't think they were that big, but whatever. One nurse even told me that they were so big it looked tacky! I said something like "gee thanks" and then she said "that was a compliment!" REALLY?

I've been waiting for an old friend to send me both jeans and scrubs she can't wear anymore and offered to send. She just moved about a month ago and had to go search for them. Well, I'm not going to ask her where they are (that would be rude), so I thought I'd try Goodwill. I never seem to find clothes that fit me there or anything I would wear. Lauren and I went through most of the jeans, none in order of size, it was rather annoying and I wear petite (short) so didn't have any luck there. I ended up going to Wal-mart because their jeans are so cheap compared to other places and bought two pair for now. I got a swim dress too for our upcoming trip to Florida.

I did manage to find a few scrub tops at Goodwill, though! I'm so glad because they are so expensive and I don't know how long I'll be able to wear them. So, today I'm going to Lexington for pants and some thread to hem some scrub pants that I bought several years ago but never got to wear because I gained back all the weight I had lost at that time.

Comments (21)