SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

A Quiet 'Happy New Year' Day T'scape

jeannespines
13 years ago

The first day of the New Year!...sunshine & cold temps...icy & melted snow! So begins the year at our place in the pines...which motivated me to do this nice quiet "stay-at-home" t'scape.

Here's what the backyard looked like last week...an Iowa Wintery Day:

{{gwi:129923}}

Here's a place setting in my Pine t'scape...wood charger (from TS), Galaxy dinnerplate (old everyday dinnerware), new "Birchwood Chalet" Holiday 2010 salad plate from Target (after Christmas clearance), napkin (GS find)& new SS Oneida "Tortola" flatware chosen from Target for Christmas from DH:

The napkins' colors inspired me to use some soft torquoise color in the t'scape...so glass bead garland I took from my computer room. Beverage glass is new from Kohl's Home Studio "Woodland" ...I had bought 2 of them this summer 60% off..to add to DS's Woodland dishes for Christmas...but he dropped a subtle hint...& told me, "Mom, no more dishes! Look in my cupboards!" So I took him by his word & kept the 2 for myself! LOL!

And here's an iron pinecone candleholder that I added 2 RL pinescones scented w/melted wax (got at craft show last yr)...the bowls match the salad plates (I showed on a diff post)...& the big bowl is the bottom of a cookie jar (consignment store find 50% off) which I unfortunately broke before I even got it up the stairs that day!...hence, I now own a big bowl! I thought they matched pretty well...altho diff brand names.

I brought in my long basket from the porch & filled it with faux pines (they look real, don't they!)...well, the big pinecones are real! Added an old "barked" candle that I've had for yrs & yrs ...& liked the results:

Yup, there is a woodland birdy in the basket...here's a close-up "framed" ... such a woodsy cute one:

You can see it a little bit in this placesetting:

And here's the whole table for the two of us:

Took this wood heart from my computer room just to show you how I feel: (ahhh, ***blush***)

Hope you enjoyed this "Quiet Happy New Year' Day T'scape." TFlookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions