SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitreno_gw

30' vs. 36' range +plus recommended brands

kitreno
17 years ago

I have read with interest many of the posts regarding ranges- thanks to all for their great input. We are in the design phase of our kitchen remodel of an existing 70's house. I am trying to decide between a 30" or 36" range. I am doing a large arched hood over the space- spanning 66"- so with a 36" range- counters would be 15" on each side. Our designer says that's enough space- but I wonder what other cooks think. Is it worth getting a 30" and having extra counter inches? I don't need the extra storage in the cabinets. And it would be rare when I would use more than 4 burners at once. The griddle is appealing, but would probably not get much use.

Also would like opinions on best DF ranges for a cook with moderate talents. I wouldn't need 22k burners or wok, etc. I live in CA- so no indoor grill. I wanted a "wow" range, something that makes a design statement. Like the Wolf- but price is a bit higher than I wanted to spend ($8000?) The bertas look good-- but lighting the burners take too long for me. Most of the others seem to have their own issues according to these blogs. It seems that prices really jumped up over the last 6 months. Perhaps I should forget the DF and go AG and save the $$$'s there?

Comments (18)