SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johndeere_gw

Used car pricing rip offs give me a headache

johndeere
18 years ago

I just have to share this to see what others see in there area.I have been looking for a work vehical to drive from farm to farm.I work off the farm partime and have a 15 mile drive and my type of work is no place for a nice vehical.I drive this route about 3 days a week average.I now drive a beater gas guzzler pickup truck.My 2002 Cavalier might not seem like much but to me it is and there is just no way im driving it there to get messed up.

Pickups are over priced it seems to me.You get more old car for the money.As much as I would like a good used S-10 or Ford Ranger.Im not paying $5000.00 for a strpped down high milage seat on a frame with a steering wheel.To me there a over glorified Model T.But thats another story.

I might be strange but I prefer to buy from a dealer.I do not like to get involved with private sellers.I like to check the car lots on Sundays while there not around to bug me.

I found a 1992 Cavalier station wagon.With 22000 miles in great shape.Must have set in a garage most of those 13 years.Its on a Chevy dealers lot.So I checked the KBB to see what this cream puff was worth.I came up with $1655.00 top dollar.I then went and tried to buy it.I felt he would want more.But $1655.00 is the book value with the low miles.I about fell over backwards when he said $5000.00.I laughed in his face.He said make a offer.I said if it drives like it looks I might go as high as $2500.00.He was insulted bad.I said fine let it set there and ROT!!!!!!How do these clowns get away with selling cars for 3 times there book value?Or I guess maybe they just do not sell them.

Comments (24)

Sponsored