SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlysaint

Built in Wolf Convection vs. Wolf regular Microwave

16 years ago

Hello- We recently had our appliances installed in our new home that is being built. I have the Wolf regular microwave, Wolf 30" wall oven and Wolf warming drawer stack. The problem is that when my custom cabinets were built the cabinet people pulled the wrong spec. sheet so that my line up was spaced to fit the Wolf Convection microwave instead of the one I ordered. So they tried to fill the space but it isn't working for me. So I have two choices....they can replace the entire cabinet (it is really tall and connected to other cabinets so tricky)....this would be the ultimate thing but I would have to wait for the cabinet to be made and installed and I would have the extra worry of causing damage to existing cabinets..............or they said they would buy the convection microwave and it would fit perfectly in the spot. So, my question is this....I know the convection is a more expensive microwave but I really only use our microwave for reheats and popcorn. The convection while bigger on the outside is smaller on the inside.....would it even fit a 13X9 casserole dish? Is the convection microwave as good as the regular one if you just want to do "normal" microwaving? I read the manual and is says that a special tray has to be inserted for popcorn...is this a nuisance at all? Does it still pop good popcorn? Is it relatively simple? Is there a downside to having them put in the convection microwave that I am not seeing now and will realize down the road? Sorry, so wordy. Thank you for any insight on these two microwaves, pros and cons. I don't want to consider an entirely different microwave because I like that my oven stack all matches. Thank you!!

Comment (1)