SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polkadots_gw

Help please - need a fresh pair of eyes on exterior

polkadots
14 years ago

Hi. I have been lurking here for a couple of months while working on plans for a new build. We have a floorplan we like that is based off a cape cod/tidewater style house - symmetrical and square with a front porch and two equal sized sides that would sit slightly behind the main body of the house. We are working with a corner lot so are planning to put the garage toward the back of the house to sort of wrap the corner. This eliminates the gable usually created at the front of the house and that is throwing us off because we like that look.

I realize the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I am just interested in your gut reactions to these two houses. They are two options that would fit with our floorplan. Any and all comments welcome. I need some opinions please.

Gut reactions - which do you like and why? Thank you!

1. This is similar to what we could build although the sides would be equal size. Color would probably not be white and we might use some stone behind the porch for interest.

{{gwi:1407635}}

2. On this one there would be another part of the house off the side on the left that would be set back and similar in size to the gable on the right,

{{gwi:1407636}}

Comments (34)