SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Finally Some Christmas Pics of My Own!!

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

Late . . . very late, but because tomorrow is Twelfth Night, the last day of Christmas in my book, I'm not too late, am I?

I spent the first couple of weeks in December getting caught up, after so much time initially on DD's huge madrigal dinner production and all, but it was a good, good Christmas for us. DS was home from the Army on leave and I actually had time to spend with friends and family. I decorated pretty much the entire house again. And, thanks to all your talented help this past year, I set some very decent tables, too. But, I was so busy cooking and visiting with everyone, I kept forgetting to take pictures of them! I seriously need major help in photographing my tables and decs, as so many of them came out blurred, but this is what I do have.

Lynn

Christmas Morning Breakfast table:

{{gwi:1403759}}

I ordered the dish set from one of the major museum catalogs several years ago to give as a wedding gift, but ended up keeping them for myself, I liked them so much! We had my special coffee cake that I make every year at this time, turkey bacon, OJ, coffee and eggnog and scrambled eggs with salsa . . . this is the Southwest, you know ;^D

This is our living room fireplace mantel. Although the room itself is Eclectic in it's decor, the large painting over the mantel is very Southwestern and the usual holiday decs there look weird. So, I go natural instead. This year, I've incorporated the three little cardinal statues I bought earlier in the Fall, thanks to the heads-up from somebody here. Sorry, I can't recall who, but thank you!!

{{gwi:1403760}}

{{gwi:1403761}}

{{gwi:1403762}}

To the right of the fireplace is a small sitting area. I haven't added any Christmas decs to it, but I think the Indian madonna and the Winter pueblo scene in the batik painting (from NM artist Alice Valdez) look especially lovely ~ and appropriate~ during the Christmas Season.

{{gwi:1403763}}

Our main Christmas tree is to the left of the fireplace in here. Although I know that a SW themed tree would look great there, I refuse to go that route. Our tree is always 'The Story of Us'. It's covered with every ornament my kids ever made us, every ornament we've collected on our vacations, small photos of us from Christmases past, ornaments we've inherited, the baby elf slippers I made DD. I used the same Fischer Price mobile (ten years apart) for both my kids and couldn't bear to throw those memories away, so I took the plastic animals from it, threaded ribbon through the holes and have used them ever since as tree ornaments. I am a sentimental fool, but we all love and cherish this special tree of ours every year.

{{gwi:1403765}}

{{gwi:1403766}}

{{gwi:1403767}}

BTW, speaking of "natural", this is the framed photo from our friend and well-known NM photographer, Phil Sonier (pronounced sone-YEAH). It was the Christmas gift from my parents, although I picked it out myself. We collect Phil's work. You've probably seen the two I have in our guest room. Anyhoo, this is his most famous piece, "Watcher in Woods", and I love it. We've since hung it in our family room. Isn't it wonderful?

{{gwi:1403768}}

Over the picture window to the left of our living room tree I've hung an old ornament dec that I've added a bow and things to, and another bird painting. BTW, the walls in our house, inside and out, are all real adobe bricks. As you can see in this pic, the inside walls are exposed adobe brick painted a warm cream color.

{{gwi:1403769}}

Give me a mintue to add the last of my pics in another post here, as I'm worried about losing these.

Lynn

Our kitchen is a bit more whimsical, as our 15 y/o DD still needs these kind of decs. Here's her Advent Tree in the area behind our sink. I took this after Christmas when all the ornaments had been added.

{{gwi:1403770}}

To the right are decs my good friend made us one year. It's painted on an old screen:

{{gwi:1403771}}

To the left is my nutcracker collection:

{{gwi:1403772}}

{{gwi:1403774}}

Even the glass-fronted cabs in our kitchen were decorated for the season:

{{gwi:1403776}}

{{gwi:1403777}}

Below these cabs I have the cutest little Christmas Bear dec that my mom sent me a few years ago. I deliberately overexposed this pic so that you crafters could see all the details. There are tiny watch battery-operated rice lights on the tree, but they've died and I haven't been able to locate replacements yet:

{{gwi:1403778}}

Comments (15)

Sponsored
More Discussions