SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

Kids bath needs new floor and I can't find plain white tile

loves2cook4six
15 years ago

We've lived in our current house 15 years. The kids bathroom has 6" white tile floor with 1/2 tiles around the base except by the tub and counters. It also seems to match the wall tile which might be why we're in our current predicament :) Some tiles cracked and water went in and the sub floor is now rotten. Apparently the floor needs to come out entirely so the sub floor can be replaced and any mold dealt with properly.

Now here's my dilemma... I cannot find plain white tile anywhere. We don't have money (and if we did we'd redo the master bath first) for anything other than replacing the floor. The toilet and bath are plain white, the wall tile around the tub is plain white, the cabinets are oak, the counters are beige formica (and may be next to go but not till the economy turns around big time) with white sinks. All fixtures are chrome.

Please help with suggestions for floor. We need 65 sq ft and that doesn't include tile for going up the wall. We'd like to keep it under $150.

Is it possible to take the old tile off the wall, fix and paint and just have the tile meet the floor or is that not a good idea in a bathroom?

Comments (3)