SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bl_pickle

Anyone own a KitchenAid Accolade stand mixer?

bl_pickle
14 years ago

If so, do you like it? I have been searching for a KA mixer online, and was comparing the Artisan to the Professional 5 Plus. I decided on the Artisan because the Pro 5 Plus is too tall for under my cabs, plus I like the tilt head of the Artisan better. In my search, I found a discontinued model, the Accolade (which was a Williams- Sonoma exclusive sold from late 2004 until 2006 or 2007). Seems like it combines the best features of larger models in a size similar to the Artisan. It has a tilt head, 5 qt bowl, and 400W of power (artisan is 325w). It also has metal gears, which is a nice advantage over the nylon gears that break more easily.

But, as I mentioned, it was discontinued about 3-4 yrs ago because the Artisan was so similar and outsold the Accolade which was in the same price range. So the only way to get the Accolade is through eBay or craigslist. There are none on eBay, but I found one on my local craigslist. The seller said it has been gently used (pics look great) and no problems with it at all. She is moving cross country and doesn't want to haul it with her. Price is $150. Sounds like a good deal, but I wanted to see what some of you think first. Should I go with this one which obviously has no warranty, or purchase a new Artisan for $250 (after rebate)? BTW, I read some reviews on amazon of the Accolade, and the vast majority were favorable. One other thing I like about the Accolade is the black pearl color, a very smooth, matte finish. Not that I'd buy it just for the color ;)

So, what do you guys think? I have to decide my tomorrow.

Comment