SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djdoggone

What's The Easiest Bathroom To Clean?

djdoggone
16 years ago

I have rheumatoid arthritis so hubby is the bathroom (and general) cleaner. Our deal is I find the easiest surfaces for cleaning in the retirement cottage we're planning. (Won't get my dream marble countertops. Sigh)

What I THINK I've learned: In the bathroom a cast iron tub would be easiest to clean. A surround of corian, if we can afford it. Otherwise, tile with some special grout that resists mildew and mold (have to learn about that), and make grout lines as small as possible.

Sink should be under counter, of porcelain, or integrated corian. I'm not sure about the Kohler one piece sinks/counter tops of cast iron; we haven't seen them in person and hubby thinks they look funky (a bad thing).

I'd been thinking tile for wainscotting and for walk-in shower (if there's room for one), but in response to a totally different question, gardenspice mentioned glossy tile can be hard to keep clean. Oh Oh. What do I know, I have a wood bathroom (walls, ceiling, and floor -- not recommended). What kind of tile is easy to keep clean?

Sound right? Gadzooks this is complicated stuff. I sympathize with all who are in research overload. As always, thanks for the help.

Comments (9)