SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeffjsgirl

Repair or replace F&P oven?

jeffjsgirl
10 years ago

Hi, it's probably been 10 years since my last post back when we built our house. Time for some fresh advice, please.

Our Fisher & Paykel OS302 single oven has failed for the 3rd time now. Replaced once right after we moved in, then a couple of issues over the intervening years. Worked great this past Thursday, but no luck on Saturday. It won't heat properly (again) - after an hour of preheat it peaked at 341F when set to 375+. It's been a good oven over the years (when it's worked), but I'm starting to get a little fed up now.

I know the sane answer is "repair again". Much cheaper, and we know this oven fits in our cabinets.

I'm sure things have changed in the world of electric 30" ovens over the last decade. If we decide enough is enough, what's new and exciting out there?

And what if the "new" thing doesn't fit the cutout in our cabinet? Is there an easy fix for that, or would that just add to the pain? I'm sure finding an oven with the same cutout dimensions would be a serious challenge...

Anyway, any thoughts from the gang would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (4)