SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golferdude_gw

??? F-P TL WL26CW1 or WP Cabrio?

golferdude
16 years ago

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have been reading many threads on the Fisher-Paykel WL26CW1 TL and also the Whirlpool Cabrio TL. My situation is my current 20 yr old WP TL is dying and the wife and I are looking to replace it. But we are wanting to stay with a TL. As far as loads, our kids are almost gone, one is off at college and the other is a Jr. in high school. Our size of loads are not as large any more, the daughter washes her clothes on her own.

So we have looked at each of the above mentioned units but keep going back and forth. In the past, I have liked WP as I can get parts easily and do the repairs. I am very capable of doing the repairs myself. The FP is supposibly very easy to work on but the parts are only from a certified service person or the factory. The WP parts are available very easily and quickly for me. I know the FP has been known for the valve problem, which I thought it might be wise to go ahead and by the valve to have when it does go. Just looking for some last minute thoughts to really muddy the water for me...lol. I do have a water softener also and don't use fabric softener, but do use bleach on the whites. So please, any thoughts or comments?

Thanks...

Jimmy

Comments (16)