SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
berf_gw

Bertazzoni Drop In cooktop users?/Wall Oven recommendations?

berf
16 years ago

Hello Everyone,

In the very early planning stages (preliminary design) of a kitchen/dining and "other" reconfiguration and remodel here at our 1939 Cape Cod in Silver Spring, MD. It's a small kitchen now (roughly 9X10) but even with our rough plans--and our budget--will remain modestly sized...and the work zone (now the entire kitchen!) will not grow much. I cook a lot and want a lot of the design to work around the appliances--especially the cooktop/range top-- so have started with those choices. I long for more power in my range, more ability to shuffle among burners, higher heat, and room for that oversized fry pan I love so much. We cook a lot of fish-and fry a bit too...so will be looking at powerful ventilation in conjunction with this choice.

I'm wondering if anyone is using a Bertazzoni cooktop? (drop in) I'm considering the gas 36" 5 burner as a real option because it is well priced compared to Blue Star (the other I'm looking at) and probably more practical for us in the end...but not convinced yet. Any comments are welcome...good bad or ugly. I love to cook on the range top (everything from stir fry to oyster stew and lots of braising and one pan meals) but use my oven less frequently--I'm not a big baker and can sum up my oven use to : Thanksgiving, roast chicken and homemade pizza frequently, and the occasional pan of brownies or cupcakes. The cooktop thus seems like a good way to economize while getting a high quality cooking surface--since I would then just get a basic electric wall oven rather than invest in an entire range. Any thoughts on this course of action? or suggestions on a particular wall oven? I want something good sized but I don't need a lot of fancy features. and would like to stay in the $1200 or under range on the wall oven.

I'm using a 10 year old magic chef range that has served me well but is having its issues--so it doesn't take much to impress me at this point!

Thanks in advance--it's a great forum and I'll be posting a great deal as a move through my "wish list" :) Hopefully I can reciprocate when all is said and done.

Kindly,

B

Comments (4)