SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jordanakim

Gas cooktop & single wall oven recs?

jordanakim
13 years ago

We are doing a kitchen remodel & have been researching a lot... There are only two appliance stores in town with a selection of higher end products & their salespeople don't seem to agree on which ones to recommend. Reading here on GW & also other online reviews & Consumer Reports, I'm almost afraid to buy anything because there are so many negative stories.

For the 36" gas cooktop, the top choices are Thermador, Viking, & DCS (not the pro versions for any of them). For the single wall oven, GE Monogram is a top choice b/c of the gliding racks, but their customer service sounds terrible. We also like the GE Profile single/double wall oven b/c in truth, we're not huge entertainers & having the smaller oven for the "one dish at a time" style we have seems to be more energy efficient. The Kenmore Elite gets great reviews from Consumer Reports but other reviewers state a problem with self-cleaning, & the Electrolux is a top contender b/c it "looks nice" & I've had good customer service with them in the past.

Any feedback on the brands I mentioned would be much appreciated, as well as other recommendations I may have overlooked. Thanks!

Comments (3)