SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athomewithchuck

Our Current Build...Don Gardner 'Idlewild'

athomewithchuck
15 years ago

Thought some of you might like to see the progress on our current spec home build...

The plan is the Don Gardner 'Idlewild' plan and we're about a month out from being finished.

I'd love to hear your comments. Here are a few more specs:

No. 1 common white oak 3.25" in kitchen, dining room, great room, breakfast nook, hallway b/w kitchen and bedrooms 2 & 3, and in master bedroom and master closet. Carpet in bedrooms 2 & 3 and bonus room over garage.

Granite counter-tops (New Venetian color) in kitchen, laundry and both bathrooms. There is still trim work that needs to be added to interior and exterior, like 2.5" battons on white section of front master bathroom window bump-out and base molding around porch columns after the flagstone is laid. It's a work in progress so pardon the mess and cluttered pictures.

I have to determine what style garage doors to put on the house and would love your feedback. I'm stuck between wood doors for the look to match the front door (which by the way is solid mahogany and was custom made by a local custom mill-work shop and I think it looks awesome) or going with a carriage style white door with dark hardware, etc. I don't think I need to do windows since there are three windows in the garage, but it's a spec so I'd appreciate your feedback. Any other comments are welcomed! (As long as they are nice ones!!!)

The link is below, go Crazy!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Idlewild' Spec Home

Comments (3)