SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

buying a used car, which would you choose?

vacuumfreak
16 years ago

So, I've finally saved enough cash to buy a better car than the jalopy I have now. I've narrowed it down to two cars, but I'm not sure which go to with. I've always wanted an Oldsmobile Alero, but I understand their quality is awful. I like the looks and feel of the car and it has all features I want (I only require tilt, cruise, power windows, and working a/c). Because of the Alero's infamous and numerous mechanical problems, I've also been considering a Saab 900 (1999 model year at least, nothing older). I like the looks and feel of that car as well. They are both in my price range. I think the Saab is a better quality car, but people who have had Saabs say that they are terribly expensive to get fixed if anything goes wrong. What would you do... go with a car that has cheaper repairs, but more likely to need them, or vise versa?

I'm looking to spend between 3 and 4 thousand dollars for the whole car, I do not want a car payment.

If I had any sense, I would go with a Camry or Accord and steer clear of GM to get a quality product... but those are bland looking and for the same year cost double what I'm able to spend. Thanks for any advice you are able to give!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz