SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jellytoast

Pro Range Cook tops ... Any easy to keep clean?

jellytoast
11 years ago

Am I the only one who has noticed that the majority of the pro-style ranges have gaps all around the perimeter of the tops for food, spills, and gunk to get trapped in? I went to one luxury brand's "living kitchen" showroom today to look at their newly designed all gas range, which is modeled after their dual fuel range. The old model with the removable top has been discontinued and this new, "easy to clean" model is what they have come up with to replace it. The center black porcelain-coated stovetop is surrounded by stainless steel panels and there is a gap between these pieces where food, liquid, crumbs, etc. can fall and get trapped. If I were to spill something on the top, it would easily seep into those cracks and leak into the area under the range top. I could actually see down into these cracks to the area underneath where stuff could fall, and there is no way to get it out should something land there. The advertising claims that the sealed burners mean that spills won't go under the top, but there is nothing to keep spills out of these other openings. The rep told me that she had been cooking on their display dual- fuel model for a long time and had never had a problem with it. Yet when she took me over to it to show me how the burners work, there was all kinds of old food gunk trapped in those spaces ... gross! I don't get it! Why in the world would someone design a stove that can't be cleaned well? And it's not just one manufacturer ... most have the same major drawback. Does anyone (besides the Bertazzoni) make a range top that is truly sealed???

Comments (14)