SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

Still need porch flooring pros and cons.

ncamy
16 years ago

I posted this same question earlier but no one really gave me an answer. I am specifically looking for the advantages and disadvantages of one over the over both cost and practicality. I don't mean to be a pest but I am feeling tbe urgency to make a decision as we have a meeting with both the architect and the builder this Thursday and I truly value the opinions posted here. I want to go armed with information. Here is a repeat of my previous post:

We will have a 16 X 14 screened porch with a wood burning stone fireplace in our new Asheville, NC build. The porch will be no more than 3 feet off grade. My husband doesn't want a wood floor because of the fireplace. We will be putting down area rugs. Other than wood, the one material that we are adamantly against is rough slab poured concrete. We are considering a polished concrete swirled with muted colors (similar to what they have at the Bass Pro Shop.) The other choices are tile, stone, or stamped colored concrete. Can someone give me some information on cost comparisons as well as durability? Pros and cons of each material? Thanks in advance.

Comments (9)