SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvn2oxfrd_gw

Elongated toilet stick out too far?

luvn2oxfrd
13 years ago

Please forgive me in advance. I am new to this ("this" referring to both posting and renovation in general!)

We are doing a kitchen reno which has somehow turned into an entire first floor reno. The latest casualty was the main floor bath which had to be gutted due to some plumbing (burst pipe) issues. At this point, a stylish bathroom reno is not in the plans. I am just trying to cobble together all the necessary parts: toilet, sink, lighting.

My dilemma is that the bathroom is shallow. It had originally a builder issue round bowl toilet. We were thinking of putting in a Kohler Memoirs elongated toilet. However, when I took my measuring tape to the space, the toilet looks like it will stick out significantly into the doorway. A round bowl option is about 3 inches shorter and would still stick out into the doorway, but (obviously) 3 inches less.

Are those 3 inches significant? Should I risk having to step over the elongated toilet to get into bathroom? Or will it be an issue either way and an elongated toilet is preferential no matter what?

You can see the line on the back wall where the old vanity was taken out. The new sink will be the Memoirs pedestal and will take up no more room than the old vanity.

The tape measure denotes where the elongated toilet would stick out at the furthest point.

Comments (9)