SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redwhine_gw

Non-phallic looking wall mounted fixture!

redwhine
14 years ago

I'm looking for a relatively contemporary looking wall mounted faucet for our powder bathroom. Is there anything out there that doesn't look like a penis?!?

Comments (38)

• guppy_2009
    14 years ago

I went wtih the Riobel 8" falling water faucet. Same for the Shower Trip kit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Riobel Faucet

• emilymch
    14 years ago

I have no suggestions, I just want to say that I love the question!

guppy, that's a gorgeous faucet.

• Related Discussions

Send post to me Non-Phalliclooking wall .......

Q

Comments (3)
    divastyle Thanks, you seem to have control of this and I got the post but had to copy and save it. I never would have thought to goodle it. What bothers me is that I can't repost it on home forums. What I see is far less than you. It keeps sending me back to gardening when I searched. I guess I can't share what I had on here with others. I had a posting called Are Glass Blocks still in style with about 39 users answering and was waiting for my contractor to see it. Gone yet there are posting that are from 2006. You are the master of this domain Diva!!. Might call on you again. Hugs, Maggie Hope you get this
    ...See More

Pros and Cons - wall mounted toilets, fixtures

Q

Comments (2)
    Is this new construction or a remodel? If it's a remodel, there will be significant demolition and plumbing (and cost) involved to reconfigure the drain for the toilet. There will also be a lesser degree of demolition required for the lavatory faucets.
    ...See More

Wall Mounted Kitchen Fixtures

Q

Comments (0)
    Please comment on any experience you have had with wall mounted kitchen fixtures. I really like the look and have to make my mind up by Friday. Thanks!
    ...See More

Is it possible to have wall mount faucet with deck mount side spray?

Q

Comments (5)
    You have presented a 500 pound question that has no single answer so I'll give you three 166.66 pound answers. First,you need a deck mount hole in sink,I don't see one. Secound,if you are talking about a vegetable sprayer,they are available with provisions for plumbing directly into suppy tubes and coming through wall same as facuet. Third,if your plumber doesn't know everything I just told you,you have the wrong plumber. The best set up is a commercial facuet with overhead sprayer like used on pre-rinse table before dishes go into automatic washer in restraunts.
    ...See More
  • cat_mom
    14 years ago

rotflmao!!!! That's exactly what I keep calling our soon-to-be ordered Axor tub filler faucet! Almost didn't choose it for that very reason, but didn't love anything else out there to go with the other fixtures, so "penis" faucet it's going to be!

• User
    14 years ago

Hmmmm....I must be shopping in all the wrong places. I think I need the "meat and two veg" faucet! In fact, I can see it now. My 86 year old mother visits and needs to use the powder room. My sister and I will be fighting over the heirlooms not in the will in no time.

• olychic
    14 years ago

Well, I just ordered this for my bath...maybe not contemporary enough for you. I don't THINK it is phallic looking, but I have to admit it's been a while....

Here is a link that might be useful: Showhouse Fina Wall Mount

• sallyjavalon
    14 years ago

Oh dear I wish you hadn't said that. I hadn't really considered the view when visualizing lounging in my about to be installed new tub. I just did. To me a bath is for soothing relaxation and contemplation. How in the heck am I going to incorporate a gigantic fig leaf into the decor????? because unfortunately....mine is bigger than yours.
    Sally

• MongoCT
    14 years ago

Ummmm...ummm...nope. Never mind.

• pharaoh
    14 years ago

OP: You mean something NOT like this ;)

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

That's the one we're getting for our tub filler. I call it like I see it!

• bill_vincent
    14 years ago

OP: You mean something NOT like this ;)

Or this

• pharaoh
    14 years ago

BV, down boy!!

Who knew a bath forum could get raunchy :) hope the GW police is not lurking...

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

tee-hee!!

• lee676
    14 years ago

These are more to my taste...

• sweeby
    14 years ago

This one's tough to beat...

• brickeyee
    14 years ago

Definitely goes the other way in looks ... without being to graphic.

• minac
    14 years ago

LOL. Redwhine, thank you for posting this question. We are looking into a wall mounted fixture for our bathroom and I had the same concerns. I was starting to think hmmm, maybe I should just go with the single hole faucet instead of wall mount.

One question though - in all seriousness, is there some science about what the shape, size, or height to hang the wall mount faucet so the water hits where it supposed to in the sink?

• MongoCT
    14 years ago

Everybody do the limbo! How low can you go? Well, I can go pretty low:

Here's a faucet you'll never catch me polishing:

{{gwi:1396001}}

Here's one faucet you'll never catch me drinking out of:

{{gwi:1396003}}

and with that you need this soap dispenser. At least I think it dispenses soap:

{{gwi:1396005}}

For those that need a wide target:

{{gwi:1396006}}

{{gwi:1396007}}

Designed by an angry feminist:

{{gwi:1396008}}

From a designer who had issues with being sent to catholic school:

{{gwi:1396009}}

And some more like sweeby's:

{{gwi:1396010}}

One you never have to flush:

A couple of rooms with a view:

Here's Bill's up in Maine:

True port-a-potty's:

Scatalogically yours,
    Mongo

• chicagoans
    14 years ago

OMG! Mongo you slay me. I never realized how dull my bathroom is.

• kimkitchy
    14 years ago

LOL...This is just too funny! What could possibly be the reason for those backpack toilets? I needed this, my day was entirely too boring before I stopped by here!

• sweeby
    14 years ago

You forgot to label Igloochic's!

• piaa
    14 years ago

You guy's are toooooo funny :)

OK, this is the one we have - one of the few I found that did not remind me of a ........ well you know *wink*

Piaa

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe Wall Mount Faucet

• Mick Mick
    13 years ago

This is funny. I went to Lowe's to look at faucets and let's see...I looked up and all I saw were a bunch of phallic shaped faucets. I was horrified!!! :)

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

OMG--I was just telling our plumber about this thread (after asking him if I'd told him what I had called our tub spout when our sales guy showed it to us in the store)!

• davidro1
    13 years ago

I've looked at a thousand shapes.

Shelf-mount faucets are un-phallic.
    Here is why.
    Shelves project 4" to 8" from the wall.
    Then, you don't need a tube spout to project any farther forward.
    The spout portion of the tap doesn't have to be shaped as usually seen.
    It can even be attached underneath the shelf.

Kohler has a shelf mount with the spout under the shelf.
    It's totally invisible on any average day.
    You have to look underneath to see the chrome piece they call spout.
    keywords for search : Kohler Fountainhead.

Kohler also has a "Wall or Ceiling-Mount Bath Filler K-922"
    They sell a "Drip Tray K-924" to go with it, when wall-mount.
    It's unnecessary when the spout is positioned above the sink.
    How do you get it to be positioned in space above the sink?
    This calls for a shelf.
    The K-922 can be installed in a shelf.
    You can angle the spout at 45 degrees downwards or any other angle.
    Anything goes.

Dornbracht in their Elemental Spa series has a shelf that spurts water from a hole. Uh-oh. It's a square or rectangular hole in the front of a shelf. Based on this thread I believe I understand why they didn't design it as an oval shape hole. I'll add that a hole is not phallic.
    Keywords for search: Dornbracht Elemental Spa.
    The IAM is the square hole spout.
    The KATA is the rectangular hole spout.

In these examples from Kohler and Dornbracht, the water stream has been designed to be smooth (laminar).

Flexible supply lines make it easy to attach any mixer to any spout. Other spouts produce an aerated stream.

You can also buy a mixer handle separately, and attach it to any spout, even a stubby spurting pipe opening of any shape you wish. I've done this.

A faucet designed as a wall-mount can be installed onto a shelf.
    Shortening the spout is possible; and reshaping the spout also.

• davidro1
    13 years ago

I've looked at a thousand shapes.
    Shelf-mount faucets are un-phallic.
    Here is why.
    Shelves project 4" to 8" from the wall.
    Then, you don't need a tube spout to project any farther forward.
    The spout portion of the tap doesn't have to be shaped as usually seen.
    It can even be attached underneath the shelf.

Kohler has a shelf mount with the spout under the shelf.
    It's totally invisible on any average day.
    You have to look underneath to see the chrome piece they call spout.
    keywords for search : "Kohler Fountainhead K-2443"

Kohler also has a "Wall or Ceiling-Mount Bath Filler K-922"
    They sell a "Drip Tray K-924" to go with it, when wall-mount.
    A drip tray is unnecessary when the spout is positioned above the sink.
    How do you get the spout to be positioned in space above the sink?
    This calls for a shelf.
    The K-922 can be installed in a shelf.
    You can angle the spout at 45 degrees downwards or any other angle.
    Anything goes.

Dornbracht in their Elemental Spa series has a shelf that spurts water from a hole. Uh-oh. It's a square or rectangular hole in the front of a shelf. Based on this thread I believe I understand why they didn't design it as an oval shape hole. I'll add that a hole is not phallic.
    Keywords for search: Dornbracht Elemental Spa.
    The IAM is the square hole spout.
    The KATA is the rectangular hole spout.

In these examples from Kohler and Dornbracht, the water stream has been designed to be smooth (laminar).

Flexible supply lines make it easy to attach any mixer to any spout. Other spouts produce an aerated stream.

You can also buy a mixer handle separately, and attach it to any spout, even a stubby spurting pipe opening of any shape you wish. I've done this.

A faucet designed as a wall-mount can be installed onto a shelf.
    Shortening the spout is possible; and reshaping the spout also.

• bill_vincent
    13 years ago

You women ALL have dirty minds!! :-)

(that doesn't make you a bad girl, though!! ) :-)

• melindy
    13 years ago

Bill, we are very bad girls, and that's gooood!

This is a hilarious post. I didn't voice this opinion when rejecting various wall mounted faucets, but the thought was there. It's one thing to have a phallic look, and quite another to look like a droopy d***.

• houseful
    13 years ago

My husband and I are here laughing hysterically!! Thanks!

• lee676
    13 years ago

> Dornbracht in their Elemental Spa series has a shelf that spurts water from a hole. Uh-oh. It's a square or rectangular hole in the front of a shelf. Based on this thread I believe I understand why they didn't design it as an oval shape hole

From the Dornbracht website: "the Elemental Spa makes water the centre of attention. It becomes the starting point for personal and shared rituals in physical and mental cleansing"

Evidently they are thinking along the same lines as all of us! I wouldn't mind a "shared ritual" in my über-expensive shower or whirlpool tub right about now....

I've always liked this Kohler Purist bathroom cabinet with integrated laminar-flow faucet:

{{gwi:1396019}}

For some reason it gets mind my wandering, despite not resembling anything overtly anatomical.

> You women ALL have dirty minds!! :-)

(that doesn't make you a bad girl, though!! ) :-)

I second that!

• kateskouros
    13 years ago

um, so sweeby, where exactly would one purchase that ...whatever it is you posted? not that i would ever...

could you let me know asap?
    thx, hon!

• maggie200
    13 years ago

Please get wi-sailorgirl over here. She declared my postings on glass blocks dead and she was right. We need to wake her up. She is missing the fun.

"Tramps like us, baby we were born to run."

Thanks Divastyle for reviving this post.

You all out did yourself. Sweeby, yours made me want to throw up but I didn't and mongocet where did you get this collection? I hope you all see we came back to play some more.

• sweeby
    13 years ago

They are pretty amazing, aren't they?...

I know you folks will all want to rush right out and buy them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Clark Sorensen Urinals

• lee676
    13 years ago

Wow Sweeby - finally, a female urinal women will *want* to use .... though methinks it could wind up causing even longer lines at the ladie's room.... (That *is* a female urinal, right?)

American Standard sold female urinals for many years:

{{gwi:1395995}}

(BTW that's how urinals are often arrayed in mens' rooms too - often without barriers between them, and certainly never in a complete stall with a door). They weren't very water efficient, and didn't catch on despite being offered for over two decades.

Years ago I lived with a girl who out of respect I always put the seat down for. I had been taught over the years that a good gentleman does this. After awhile I noticed she always left the seat up for me too. I started to wonder if this was an unnecessary effort for both of us and bought it up, suggesting we just leave it in whatever position it was in when we were done using it; we could always flip the lid for ourselves if need be. And that's when I found out I had it all wrong - some women I learned do like to pee standing up. From what she said, a couple of well-placed fingers will empty one's bladder cleanly without spraying the rim (although she never demonstrated this technique to me in person). But {{gwi:1395995}} website (not R-rated) shows the uninitiated how it's done.

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

I am going to surely be looking at faucets and toilets in a different way now. Those are great pictures mongo...LOL. I am tempted to have one of those urinals installed sweeby...those are great!!!

• lee676
    13 years ago

That last one bears an uncanny resemblance to the hood ornament from a 1952 Oldsmobile:

I have no idea what to make of this....

• maggie200
    13 years ago

I have to thank Diva for getting these posts back up. I lost mine and everything I had posted here. Don't know for sure why. I cleaned out my cache and they are gone and she googled these postings and got them back. I hope they stay on here.