SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adk_will

Sticker shock-- appliance packages

ADK_Will
13 years ago

Hi, this is my first post-- I have read a lot but by no means all of the traffic on the board. I am adding it as a new post since I mistakenly initially added it to someone elses's.

This question is about our trepidation in buying new appliance packages for our kitchen addition/remodel. As an example of our worries, we have had GE 24" double wall ovens and used them hard for 24 years. The element just died in the upper oven. We hope to find a 30" double with all the bells and whistles that will be as reliable as those old GE's. We are looking at Wolf, Miele, Kenmore, and KA. The Kenmore is the cheapest but well thought of by CR. The Miele seems to be well liked by everyone but is also $5900. We are completely gutting our kitchen and doubling it in size from 300 to 600 sq ft. We just got sticker shock at Ferguson's on the quotes for a (mainly) Miele kitchen ($30K) and a mainly Wolfe kitchen ($26K) In both cases we plan to use the 36" wolfe cooktop since it clearly has the features we want and great reliability statistics.

The Miele pkg includes built-in 30" refr and 18" freezer side by sides, the wolfe cooktop, miele 30" double ovens, miele warming drawer, miele combination fast bake (convection+micro+ "fastbake"), miele built-in coffeemaker, 18" and 30" miele diamante dishwashers, and 36" ventahood liner.

The wolf pkg includes the wolfe 36"cooktop, their 36" built-in, top-refr with bottom freezer, wolf 30" double ovens, wolf microwave drawer, marvel refrigerator drawers, wolf warming drawer,36" ventahood liner, the Miele dishwashers and miele coffeemaker mentioned above in the Miele pkg.

One option we are looking at is a 42" french-door, top-refr, built-in refr+bottom freezer by KA.It costs about the same as the wolf refr and is quite a bit bigger.

First: do these pkg prices seem right? Second, what are your thoughts about which option is better?

Thanks. This is a huge investment for us-- probably our "rest-of-our-lives" kitchen. [I just retired!] We are also looking at Crownpoint, Omega and Pacific cabinets-- any thoughts about them would also be appreciated.

Comments (8)