SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daburd

Range hood sticker shock!

daburd
9 years ago

We are in the throes of this kitchen remodel and trying to select a 30" range hood.

I thought narrowing down the range was hard - but the range hood has been even worse!

We have narrowed down to a chimney style 30" hood because we think that will look best. We have a small kitchen, but one which will allow venting directly to the ceiling. We have a 30" Capital Culinarian manual clean oven on the way, and so are looking at hoods with at least 1000 CFM of air movement.

Because the kitchen is small and open to the small living room and small dining room, we REALLY want to try and invent in a hood that is quiet.

We greatly prefer to have an external blower for noise reduction. In our search, the chimneys with an optional external motor are Viking, Wolf, Modern Aire and Prestige. There are a few more expensive brands also, but any of the above will set us back at least $3500 with a motor, ducting and installation.

That is quite expensive!

So I turn to the expertise of my fellow Gardenwebbers:)

Is the choice really "$3500, or else compromise with less CFM or an internal motor"? Or can we have it all for less money in an option I haven't come across yet?

Comments (24)